Saturday, April 27, 2013

Afternoon Matinee: Protest - I Don't Want Your Millions, Mister

Performed by the Almanac Singers





I don't want your millions, mister.
I don't want your diamond rings.
All I want is the right to live, mister.
Give me back my job again.

We work to build this country, mister,
While you enjoy the life of ease.
You've stolen all that we built, mister.
Now our children starve and freeze.

Oh, yes, you have a land deed, mister.
The money all is in your name.
But where's the work that you did, mister?
Demanding back our jobs again.

Think me dumb if you wish, mister.
Call me green or blue or red.
There's just one thing that I know, mister:
Our hungry babies must be fed.

We'll organize to get there, mister.
In one big united band.
With a mighty farmer-labor party,
We will win our just demands.

Take the two old parties, mister.
No difference in them can I see.
But with a farmer-labor party,
We will set the workers free.
~ from Labor Arts ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.