Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What's Up, Doc?

Trey Smith


The question in the title of this post is what I will be asking a neurologist in about one and one-half hours. I am off to see if this neurologist can figure out whether or not I suffer from infrequent psychomotor seizures.

Since I no longer have a car and I'm a Medicaid recipient, a local paratransit company will ferry me to and from my appointment in Aberdeen. I have used this service before, though it has been a few years. To be honest, I probably am more anxious about riding in a vehicle with someone I have never met than I am about meeting a new doctor!

Needless to say, I am also a bit nervous about what kinds of tests will be administered and how many people I will come in contact with. As a person who keeps to myself -- now more so than ever -- I do not relish the opportunity to be around a lot of people. I just hope I can keep my nerves at bay and that I don't have to deal with a panic attack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.