Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tao Bible - Isaiah 43:10-11

Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no savior.
~ King James version ~

Better to stop short than fill to the brim.
Oversharpen the blade, and the edge will soon blunt.
Amass a store of gold and jade, and no one can protect it.
Claim wealth and titles, and disaster will follow.
Retire when the work is done.
This is the way of heaven.
~ Verse 9 of the Tao Te Ching ~
Here we have another example of God telling people to do as he says, not as he does. What does the Christian Church teach about vanity? It's bad and not godlike, yet here is that same God exuding vanity for all to see!

Tao works in the background, never calling attention to itself. Taoists agree with their Christian brethren that vanity is a human foible and not Tao-like. However, we can point to the humble nature of Tao as proof.

If you're interested in reading more from this experimental series, go to the Tao Bible Index page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.