Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Voices Along the Path XXV

I noticed that it's been over 6 months since I introduced you to some of the links that have been added to the right sidebar. So, without further ado, here is a brief introduction to some more of the Taoist blogs and websites I've found.

A Taoist Journey to the Stars (added on 3/24/11)
Taoist Rose writes: I am a wandering Taoist who is trying to find her way in life. I am currently pursuing a Master's degree in Psychology and just published my first book on Amazon.com.


Confessions of a Tai Chi Snob (added on 4/14/11)
Studying the art of Tai Chi and sharing my thoughts on the journey. I do not claim to be an expert, nor will you learn anything from this blog. It is hoped that you will add some of your own experiences and comments about Taiji Quan. A journey of a single step begins the search for the perfect form!


TaoChow (added on 2/10/11)
This is a space for an ad-hoc study of The Tao Te Ching as "reacted" to by David Weber. David began posting his responses to each Chapter of the Tao on his blog, The First Morning, and then also shared the notes on his Facebook wall. A few of us who are David's Facebook friends wished for a study group of sorts, so thanks to Wikispaces, here we are!


Tao-How (added on 7/1/11)
I'll be posting lots of old Taoist, and Zen fables. Okay, maybe they're just plain, good advice. Maybe they're teachings that are still relevant today? I don't know. Some are succinct and brilliant. Some are so paradoxical in their logic and method that a headache is bound to follow. Some are just weird. I will be embellishing these tales to give them some length, but the moral, and the point of these stories will not be changed.

Sometimes I'll add my own commentary after each one. I'll be talking through them, sharing my thoughts and explaining the meanings of some of them while at the same time realizing I have no idea what I'm talking about. One thing I'm always certain of is that I'm never 100% certain of anything. Wait that's contradictory. Yeah, welcome to Taoism.


Tao Trucker (added on 6/17/11)
I'm a former Optometry student and a current truck driver. I’m trying to find my voice and share all the new things that I learn either while I’m on the road or while I’m in my hometown of Bloomington.


The Feng Shui Institute (added on 5/6/11)
An international resource and research centre for the promotion of Traditional Chinese or Classical Feng Shui and Chinese Astrology. Showing the difference between traditional Chinese Feng Shui and new age superstition.


The Secular Sadoo (added on 2/10/11)
Sadoo Pipher lives in an artist colony with 2 cats, a home theater, and no job or money. While he has had fat salaries as a banking executive and professor, while he has been extensively trained in the sacerdotal ways of the Judeo-Christian god, while he has lived with 3 beautiful women in sexual caprice and erotic mayhem, he prefers being poor, profane, and celibate. Why is this? What can't you do about it? And why is his life so interesting? In The Secular Sadoo, Pariah Pipher explores all.


The Tao of Autism (added on 1/15/11)
I'm not generally as serious and thoughtful as this blog may make it seem. In fact, if I were, I don't think I'd be a very good Taoist. If you want to contact me, do so in the comment section of my blog! If you would prefer, however, you can contact me on GMail under the same name (please don't expect me to reply right away, though).


Xing Shen Zhuang - RO (added on 4/14/11)
A site about Qi Gong and Taoism from Romania. It's not written in English.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link roundup! I'll be sure to check 'em out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you find some that you like, please pass them along to Joe Stalin. He could probably use some good vibes about now. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.