Friday, July 29, 2011

I Sure Could Use Some Easing

Over the last year or two, I have heard quite a bit about the Federal Reserve's use of a monetary policy called quantitative easing (QE). While I'm certain there are many complex aspects to this policy -- something a layman like me wouldn't understand -- many of the progressive economic reporters and commentators I feature frequently on this blog have stated that the best way to understand QE is to think of it as printing money.

If you or I print money, that's called counterfeiting. That could land us in jail. Somehow though, it is not counterfeiting if the Fed does it. So, I think I want to join the Fed!

It would really be great if, each time the family bank account starts to look low, I could get my fellow Fed members to shoot some QE my way. I promise (wink, wink) that I'll spend this new money responsibly and I won't waste any of it (wink, wink) on foolish endeavors. I will even pledge (snicker, snicker) to invest some of the money in my community.

I wonder if there is a QE software program out there that I could get my hands on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.