Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tumbling Along

On a good day, I probably have between 50 - 70 visits to this blog (not counting feed readers). As far as I'm concerned, such stats are fine by me. The subject matter I write about tends towards philosophy and, let's face it, philosophy isn't that popular these days. But I didn't get into blogging to be popular; if that was my motivation, then I'm failing miserably! ; )

With this in mind, I think you can understand my shock this morning when, around 10 a.m., I checked my blog stats. I was expecting to find the typical 15 - 25 visits; what I found was over 70 visits. I thought to myself, "What in the heck is going on here?"

It seems that a site called Zen Habits has a Tumblr microblog that lists various blog entries that may be of interest to theirs readers. Smack dab on the top of the list was one of mine. That, my friends, is what has caused my site traffic to soar today.

Needless to say, I think this is a grand idea and so I've set up my own Tumblr blog for the exact same purpose. On my Tumblelog, you won't find any original writing on my part. It's sole purpose is to promote what YOU are writing. In essence, I will add those blog posts which speak to me -- the ones that make me cry, laugh uproariously, stamp my feet in affirmation or that resonate with me in the deepest way.

I will add a few feeds to the mix. Actually, I've already added one: Christian Taoism. So, here's a shout out to HK!

To find out what I'm reading and recommending, look for the link near the top of the left column.

2 comments:

  1. Hi ... I'm Leo from Zen Habits, and I linked to your post. I'm glad it helped!

    I've been enjoying your posts, especially the verse-by-verse look at the Tao Te Ching. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly did help!! Thanks. I also added Zen Habits to the "Fellow Wanderers" section on the right sidebar. I perused your blog; it's got a lot of good writing on it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.