Sunday, May 17, 2009

Null and Void

The concept of the void or "nothingness" is fundamental. The sage understands that there is no separation between the void and the phenomena it produces, it is in all things.
~ Today's Daily Quote from the TaoWoods Center ~

This thought really resonates with me. I've tried to explain my reasoning several times, but I keep erasing it because it's not capturing what's in my heart. Since I'm having trouble putting it into words, I finally decided that I won't try anymore. I'll simply let today's daily quote stand on its own two feet.

Maybe one of you can explain it better.

3 comments:

  1. Hi R T

    I don't have a clue. :-)

    Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything and nothing just is. Having everything and having nothing are one in the same. Neither will enhance or diminish you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the void is death, then one must understand that everything dies. Our consciousness will cease to exist but our energy will return to the earth, as everything does. Though it might be hard to conceptualize our lack of existence, it is a natural part of the process of life that nothing can escape. We die, plants die, even stars die, but only the form dies, the energy simply changes its form and “lives” on.

    That's how I look at it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.