Friday, March 27, 2009

Voices Along the Path

As I've stated here many times before, I spend a bit of time each week scouring the web for other blogs that deal with Taoist themes and like-minded content. Each time I find a new resource -- at least NEW to me -- I add it to one of the categories in the right hand column. Since the beginning of this year, I've added quite a few. Below are some the links added to the "Taoist Wanderers" category. Over the weekend, I will post two different entries for those added under the "Fellow Wanderers" category.

Challenge Your Beliefs - Don't follow this blog...if you start to follow someone, you cease to follow truth. Be your own follower and your own leader.

Gigantic Jet - This is a webpage but it would rather be a cowboy in a spaghetti western.

Nexus of Now - A Drink of Spring Water from a kinda Zen Taoist Stream of Consciousness.

Sit in the Clouds - The inspiration for Sit In The Clouds comes from my readings about Chinese Hermits. Many were Taoist and Buddist Monks who were in search of greater solitude for their meditation practice.

Tao Wow - Tao, Dharma, Vedanta, and findings in new physics, mixed together and given a direct aim at shattering illusions to expose the Wow.

The Gnarled Oak - A place where the winds of dependently arisen thought rustle the leaves in a forest of emptiness.

The Native American Taoist - Thunderhands (waki ya nape) or "Thunder" for short is a Writer, Artist and Healer, who has studied with, and been exposed to some of the worlds most gifted healers. He has been a student for over 30 years, of indigenous peoples spiritual traditions. His goal is to help direct and align his fellow man with the "Natural order of things."

The Stephen Sphere - An assortment of curio -- I am a carbon-based biped.

Tao of Simplicity - Praveen Puri is a Chicago-based writer with 20 years of experience in unix and financial markets, who has a passion for simplicity.

Thoughts of a Taoist Babe - I am your average blonde American woman walking down the street with her killer cocker spaniel on a pink leash, sporting four inch stiletto heels and a pair of over-sized designer sun-glasses to die for. Not very Taoist, am I? Still, every once in awhile, I take my head out of the clouds and I survey the landscape of reality, and what I see convinces me that I was put here on earth to do more than just exist, day-to-day. In fact, I am really here to learn how to live — truly live.

Remember that their words, like mine, won't lead you to find Tao; you must do that on your own. That said, the thoughts and contemplations of these Taoists may inspire you to look at an old topic anew or to walk a different path.

1 comment:

  1. This was a great list. Thank you for finding these blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.