Friday, January 23, 2009

Stuck in Drive

For most of this month I've been writing in a torrent. The last two days, however, I've written nothing. It's not that all of a sudden I ran into writer's block -- it's more that I'm struggling mightily with one of the components of my Asperger's Syndrome. I find that I'm obsessing on The Green Mile (by Stephen King) and I'm trying very hard not to subject all of you to my obsession.

When I get into these periods, all I can think, talk and write about relates to what I'm currently obsessed with. In many ways, it's good that I'm anti-social or else I would be subjecting all my cohorts to endless discussions and insights on The Green Mile. I've even pulled back from my wife somewhat because I certainly don't wish to drive her crazy with my endless babble.

One way I've been trying to divert my attention is by doing some of my paid work on the GreenPRO database. This helps a bit, but certainly not completely.

I can only hope my current obsession runs its course in due time and I can get back to thinking and writing on a plethora of topics. Until then, I'll be walking The Green Mile.

3 comments:

  1. It is good that you recognize this and I am glad you told us. Peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't obsess at all; the fact that I’m reading almost all your posts and I can’t keep myself from replying to them is just a figment of your imagination… I feel like one of those people who look up a disease on the net and think they have all the symptoms. Maybe I do have something somewhat similar, but I do think I am just actually odd. I get over excited about things all the time. I think it has more to do with my lack of social upbringing, a hyper personality, with maybe a dash of some sort of disorder (I don’t like that word, it’s not disorder, it’s differentorder) Another name I’ve given myself over the years is KrazyKerri, it works too :D

    You ever get the feeling you’re perfectly sane but everyone else is just nutz? (verification word: iniaspin)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I feel that way all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.