Friday, January 12, 2007

It Rhymes With SPAM

I'm sitting at home minding my own business and those pesky people at Linda Christas start sending me emails again. It's the same kind of nauseating blather as before. However, I was invited to check out the "new and improved" Linda Christas website. So, I did and it's even worse than the original one.

I won't bore you with endless analysis. I do, however, want to point out one thing that I think is really rich. The site lets you know that Linda Christas is accredited by the International Association of Schools and Colleges (IASC). Sounds really impressive, doesn't it?

Yes, it is impressive until you wind your way through their site to find the following statement: "A primary Linda Christas initiative, the I.A.S.C. serves to certify that an institution of learning is promoting a Student-First (SF) education model."

You see, Linda Christas has accredited itself! Since this is the only accreditation listed, it seems rather obvious that nobody else will accredit them. So what to do? Create your own important sounding accreditation organization, of course.

And, like almost everything else in my research on this questionable enterprise, I was unable to find ANYTHING on Google about the IASC, EXCEPT for references that point back to...guess who?

Me thinks this organization rhymes with a word that sounds like ham!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.